March 15, 2010

Launceston / Devonport

Hey yall!
I'm sorry that it has been so incredibly long since I last posted! I have been traveling!
The past two weekends I have gone to Launceston. For those of you who don't know, Launceston is in North Central Tasmania. It is a 2 1/2 hour bus ride from Hobart.
Last weekend we had a long weekend so Joey, Natalie and I went there to get out of Hobart for a bit. We stayed with at my friend Abdel's house and made friends with all of this roommates (Malcolm, Marc and Tarni). And this past weekend was Tarni's birthday so I told her I would come back up for that! These photos are from the first weekend up there. My camera broke at the end of that trip! :( SADDEST DAY EVER! But I have already gotten it in the mail and Dad is seeing what he can do about it for me. I am SO thankful to have people back in the States that I can rely on. :)


This photo is from a festival that we went to in Devonport. Devonport is an hour North of Launy (what the locals call Launceston). The festival was for wine season I believe? It was called Taste the Harvest. I tried some wine but I was nasty so I decided to stick with ice cream after that! :) The girl in the middle is Tarni (pronounced Tawny).

The Hungry Jack's (aka Burger King) in Launy had free refills on their drinks! We were STOKED!

My friend Malcolm and I getting our guns up for Texas Tech! I told him to get his guns up, assuming that everyone should know what that means, and he was pretty confused. Haha.

This is at the beach in Devonport after the festival. I'll list everyones names and where they are from. Abdel (Alexandria, Egypt), Joey (Colorado), Malcolm (somewhere in Britian), Me (TEXAS!), Natalie (Georgia) and Tarni (Coff's Harbor, New South Wales).


Natalie and I climbing on the rocks! The water was too cold so us girls just climbed the rocks while the boys went for a swim. :)

That's all I have for now! I wish I could tell you there would be more photos soon but I don't know if that'll happen. I'll try to bum off photos from my friends. :) Thanks for reading!
Love from Oz! (The Australians fondly call Australia their Oz...I like the sound of it, it's very quint.)

2 comments:

  1. It is very quaint. I like it too. I think I'll go to Oz. I just hope my adventure to Oz is not as stressful as Dorothy's!!!! Thanks for naming everyone in the photos. It's very hard to keep up with all your friends. Hope you get your camera back soon. Love you. Thanks for keeping up with your blog.....it's very fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sister!!! i'm so sorry i haven't posted a comment in so long....i actually forgot my account name and password to be able to post and so i had to do it all over again....anyways! I absolutely love reading your posts, it's like reading an amazing travel journal! I am so proud of you and just think what an amazing treasure you have to go along with your great memories!! This week is spring break...woohoo!!! I am staying with the boys that I nanny extra hours this week so I took them to the richardson library bc the kid area is super cool and I used to have a richardson library card, but little did I know they cancelled it for me bc there's some new city law that if you aren't a Richardson resident then in order to check out books you have to pay $250!!!!!!! That is super super crazy and I was quite upset. So sadly the boys didn't get any books but we did go to heights park and they got to run off lots of energy. tomorrow i am taking them to the dollar movies and to cici's pizza (I haven't been there since jr. high!!). I went to yoga tonight and i'm super tired but i'm still up working on poppyseed chicken so that kyle can eat it while i'm at work tomorrow. We are having my birthday dinner at nanna's on wednesday and i'm looking forward to that. Rachel and I got to spend some quality time together yesterday while she was here, she borrowed your car while i was at work. But we got a chance to hang out and talk which was great. I miss you a lot but I can't believe you've already been there for 5 weeks!!! that's so crazy! I love you so much. hopefully we can have another skype date soon!

    ReplyDelete