March 28, 2010

News!

First of all, I would like to thank Dad for mailing me his camera! How kind of him. He took my new/broken camera to Best Buy to try to see what they can do about it and they had to ship it off. Dad was SO kind to mail me his camera so that I'll have one for my adventures here!

On Wednesday the 31 Natalie, Stacey and I will be traveling to Melbourne for our mid-semester break. :) Please keep us in your prayers! We aren't too sure what we'll be doing while we're there...hopefully checking out some festivals, comedy clubs and street markets. We will be staying with one of our AustraLearn friends for the first part of the week and then in a hostel for the second half. We head back to Hobart on the 8th of April (Thursday).

Another thing to keep in your prayers is that Miss Paisley, my boxer, just had surgery to get fixed. While she was under, they also had to extract her canine teeth because they were broken and infected. Please pray that she has a fast and healthy recovery! I hate that I'm not with her to take care of her but I'm glad that she is in good hands with Curtis and her Granma Ney.

And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to introduce yall to my boyfriend Marc. Marc is 23 and from Lausanne, Switzerland...which means he's French Swiss. Oh well, we all have our faults. Haha. He has been in Launceston, Tasmania for a year and a half now (if I remember correctly). He is studying physical education. Marc also plays basketball for two teams out here. He plans on finishing the two years that he has left here, and then coming to the States to do his Masters.
Before coming out here, I was friends with this guy from Egypt named Abdel. When Abdel came out here he became house mates with Marc. Some friends and I went to visit Abdel and that's how Marc and I met! We first bonded over our love for dogs and basketball!
We've been "hanging out," "dating," "together" or whatever you call it, for a few weeks now.
He seems to be a good balance for me because in times when I get shy, he is super outgoing. At other times when I like to be loud he lets me be. Haha.

On Tuesday at basketball practice he was jumping up onto a box and somehow missed the box and his leg peeled open like a banana. He had to get 9 stitches. We went to the Doctor on Friday to have them check up on it and it seems to be healing well! Unfortunately it put him out for at least 3 weeks. Pray that it continues to heal quickly and fully.



That's all I have for now. I'll try to catch up with my other posts soon.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment