April 18, 2010

Finally Up to Date!

April 13, Tuesday

Not much happened on Tuesday. I went to my journalism tute and then straight up to the library to write my public relations paper.

That evening we had pancake Tuesday! Stacey attempted to master pancake making. However, somehow her pancakes turned out like of like a turtle because they were hard on one side. It was strange and we didn’t know why that was happening!

Anyways, that’s about all that went on today! As I’m sure yall have noticed, the blogs from each day are getting shorter. That’s partly because I get behind and have to write a lot of them at once. Also, I’m getting into my normal everyday life here. Contrary to what you may believe, living in Australia doesn’t mean that every day I’ll be out sighting echidnas or petting wallabies. I honestly feel like I’m just living in a different state. I never really went through culture shock. It’s hard to believe my time here is about half over. But hey, that means that I’ve still got half the journey ahead of me!


April 14, Wednesday

Today was such a drag day. My house is officially freezing. This morning the cold made it impossible to get out of bed.

I went to my Gender, Power and Change class. We now have a new lecturer/professor for that class. It’s strange, here they will switch professors half way through the course...one of the lecturers will do the first half on their topic of knowledge and the second will step in and do the second half of the course. So, we have a new lecturer. She’s okay; Lucy was definitely more entertaining to listen to though.

After class I came home and made lunch and was pretty much a bum ALL DAY LONG. Ugh it was awful. I watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past hoping that I’d be able to take a nap but I wasn’t able to.

I did get to talk to Momma tonight for a little bit. We’re trying to plan out what we’re going to do when her and Curtis comes down in two weeks!!! J I can’t believe it’s almost here!!! We’re thinking we may go to Melbourne Thursday to Saturday so that way they’re getting to experience the mainland.


April 15, Thursday

Aussie Words:
Devode = pronounced dev-ode = short for devastated
*Note that I am not sure about the spelling for a lot of these Aussie words. I just have to guess!*

What an absolutely boring day. I woke up today at 1. Yeah, I had to do a double take because I couldn’t believe it was so late! I had stayed up till at least 3 last night watching Seven and then 21 so I guess I was pretty tired.

When I got up I talked to Stacey for awhile. We both decided not to fix our internet just yet so that we’ll actually be productive today rather than just sit around on it.
I started some laundry because it was sunny outside so I’m hoping that they’ll dry quickly.
I was able to ALMOST fully catch up on my blog. Ahh, getting closer!

I worked out this afternoon. It felt really nice outside today so I wanted to be outside. I went in the backyard and did sprints, lunges and squats. Then back inside I did an abs work out. J

Then I called the internet company and tried to get our internet problem solved once and for all. And of course, that didn’t happen. After I got off the phone with him we had issues with it again. The only way we can connect right now is if we use the Ethernet cord. Bummer. Oh well, it’s better than nothing!

Now that I was able to connect, I went to buy Marc, Malcolm and me tickets for the monster truck rally next Saturday. However, I don’t have an Australian bank account so it wouldn’t let me do it. And it wouldn’t let me use my Pay Pal because the site wouldn’t ship to the US even though nothing even needed to be sent. UGH. I was so “devode.”

We didn’t really do much of anything tonight. We all hung around the house, took it easy and watched some television.


April 16, Friday

I could NOT sleep last night. For some reason I was awake until 7AM.
That being the case, I didn’t wake up today late. I felt so bad because I’d told Stacey that I would go into town with her today.
When I woke up she wasn’t here so I assumed that she had gone without me.

After waking up I hung out with Joey for a bit. Then I took a shower and was planning on going to Chicken Feed to get some warm socks and other groceries. However, I couldn’t remember what time they closed. I thought it was at 5:30 so I didn’t want to walk down there and find out they weren’t even open.

So Joey and I just hung around the house for awhile.

That evening Natalie texted and asked if I wanted to go to Coles with her. I figured I should get out of the house a bit so I said I’d go with her.

Joey, Natalie and I then went to La Bella’s because it was Danny’s last day at work and we told him we’d drop in. He’s fixing to move to the Gold Coast with his girlfriend. It’s going to be so sad going to La Bella’s without Danny there! .


April 17, Saturday

Stacey, Natalie, Joey and I had planned on going down to Salamanca Market at 11.
I woke up at 11 and Stacey was awake in bed so I asked if she still wanted to go and she said yes. So I quickly got ready. Natalie texted me and told me that she wasn’t going to go. I went and asked Joey if he still wanted to go and he said that he did but he’d just need a 30 minute warning. I told Stacey that, thinking that she’d say to have to get ready straight away but she didn’t. Stacey was talking to someone on AIM so I guess she was caught up in that. Finally she said Joey should go and get ready because she’d be ready in 30 minutes time. However, by the time Joey had showered and gotten ready Stacey was still in bed in her pjs. She said that she’d changed her mind and that she had a paper that she needed to work on at home.

While I waited I got to talk to Dad. Denise was at work so I missed out on talking to her. Dad asked lots of questions about Marc. My favourite was when he asked if I loved Marc more than I love Paisley. He promised he wouldn’t tell Marc my answer to that question. ;)

By the time Joey and I headed down to the market it was about 12:30.
The only thing I bought there was some post cards.
Then we went into town. I needed to get my bogan outfit! I found a flannel shirt and then I got leggings. It’s going to be perfect!
J I also got a scarf for only $2!! What a steal.

When we got back home we chilled out before going to April’s house tonight to hang out.


April 18, Sunday

Today was one of those Sundays where you don’t even change out of your pajamas. J Wonderful!

I woke up at 10 and skyped with Rachel and Jub.

I took a nap this afternoon because nothing was going on and I was pretty bored.

I woke up from my nap around 4. Joey was skyping with his girlfriend Erin so I got to meet her! I made some pasta that turned out pretty gross because the sauce was way too runny.
Joey and I watched some television. Australia’s Got Talent came on and all of us housemates watched it together. I think I’m in love with this boy who sings like John Mayer. He plays the guitar and everything. Unfortunately he’s only 16. I think that’s legal here...? haha.

Now Joey and I are fixing to watch Valentine’s Day. We’ll see if it’s a good movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment