April 25, 2010

Monster Trucks & Footy!

April 21, Wednesday

Today I woke up at 7:45 so I could shower and get things sorted for my trip before my tutorial.

I walked all the way up the awful hill and to class. There were a couple of us sitting in there when a lady came in and told us that our professor wasn’t going to be able to make it and to go to a different tute.

I trekked back home and decided that I’d go ahead and head to Launceston because I didn’t want to make Tarni wait until after 4, when the next tute would be, to leave. So we quickly got all of our stuff together and headed the Launy!
The car ride was pretty quick. I didn’t sleep this time! I think that made Tarni happy. Haha.

When we got to Launy Marc was at the door to welcome us! Really he was just going outside to fix the electricity that was turned off for some reason. They had had a massive storm last night and the electricity went out from it.

Once Malcolm got home we all went to Wooly’s together to do some grocery shopping. We then watched James Bond: the Golden Eye. The boys are on a huge James Bond kick right now.

Just before the movie was over, Marc and I had to bail to go to his basketball game. Fraser picked us up in his awesome orange VW van. You know how some cars match perfectly with their driver? This is one of those situations. Haha.

Marc played really well. They were up against a team that had beaten them last time so they were out for revenge! They ended up winning by 12 points. It was tons of fun! I really enjoy going to his games...I miss basketball.
Speaking of, GO MAVERICKS! I hope we get it back against the Spurs!


April 22, Thursday

Thursday was a lazy day! After waking up I watched Let’s Go to Jail with Marc. Then we ate lunch and were going to study but decided to watch another movie. We were lazy literally all day.

That night Marc’s friend, Mark Townsend, came over for dinner. He is a lot of fun. He reminded me of Scott Heft; yes, he’s a red head too! Marc made an awesome pasta dish...it was so good. I’ve got myself quite the cook. J
However, every time we go to the grocery store to buy stuff for meals Marc and I have to go over the fact that I don’t like vegetables. Each time he’ll think of a new one and say “artichokes, you have to like artichokes! ...NO!?! Okay zucchini, you like these do you?...NO!?!” haha it’s like he’s shocked every time he finds out there is yet another vegetable that I don’t like.

After we ate dinner I baked a chocolate cake. Yum. We played Apples to Apples. It was quite fun. J


April 23, Friday

Rain, rain go away! It has started raining lots here! I don’t like it one bit.

This morning Malcolm, Tarni and I went into town while Marc was working out with Fraser. We went to a couple of jewellery shops trying to get Malcolm’s watch fixed. I bought a volleyball while we were in town because I’ve really been wanting to play!
We ate lunch at this place called Burger Got Soul. It was so yum. I got a cheese burger with avocado on it and the chips were nice and seasoned...yum! It was pretty reasonably priced as well.

After town we went home and changed out of our wet clothes! Then headed up to the gym to play some volleyball and meet up with Marc.

Malcolm and Tarni had never played volleyball before so I had to teach them. We didn’t have a net or anything; we just hit it around a bit. They did really well...there were of course some times when Malcolm would swing his arms while bumping the ball and it would hit the ceiling but all in all it was good! Marc and I were peppering back and forth and he spiked the ball so I got low to dig it; unfortunately a low spike for him and I are a little different. Low to someone who is 6’5” is apparently about the level of my face. Thank goodness he hadn’t hit it too hard! It didn’t really hurt but I like to give him a hard time about it now. Haha. Another time Marc went to backwards set it and missed the ball completely and it hit him in the face. Even?
After volleyball we played a little bit of footy. Then we played a bit of baseball. After baseball they taught me how to play cricket! I actually really liked it...since there were only four of us there was always something to be doing.

Once we got home from playing heaps of sports we all took turns showering and making supper. Then we decided to hire (aka rent) out a movie from blockbuster. We got Wolverine because the boys hadn’t seen it yet.

After the movie we went over to one of the boys’ mate’s houses, Andrew. We watched a little footy with him and just hung out.
I learned an interesting fact: Australian Football League has no regulation field size. Each field is just as big as the team/builder wants to make it.


April 24, Saturday

This morning Marc and I both had to study. I spent more time on Skype than I did studying though. I got to talk to Momma, Curtis, Rachel, Lauren, Dad, Nanna, Durwood and even Uncle Tommy! It was quite the happening day in the Skype world.
After my time skyping I did actually buckle down and get some reading done. I’m trying to get ahead on my work because momma and Curtis will be here in ONE WEEK!!! AH!

Tonight Malcolm, Marc and I went to MONSTER TRUCKS!!! We had planned on dressing as bogans but as we started getting ready Marc and I both realized we were actually just going as ourselves. I wore jeans, boots and a flannel shirt. He wore a jumper (aka hoodie), zoo york hat and skater shoes. The only one who was actually “dressed up” was Malcolm and by the end of the night he had grown quite fond of his flannel.
Monster Trucks was awesome! My favourite truck was named Samson and the driver was from Alabama. There was another driver from Salt Lake City. We were really looking forward to seeing the motocross freestyle jumps but the ground was too slippery for them to be able to go at it. That was a little upsetting. But the night was still fun. It was FREEZING! Goodness I can’t wait until I have my big coat!

Once the show was over we walked down to Macca’s to give Tarni some time to get over and pick us up. We ate some supper and got some hot chocolate to warm up with! It was tasty. .


April 25, Sunday

Marc and I had to do some homework after brekkie. Ugh, so boring!

Around 5 we went up to the footy game! It was pretty fun. The only bad thing is that we had general seating...which means standing. And the stadium is really small...it looked like a high school baseball stadium. The field wasn’t build down into the ground like it always is in the States. Anyways, it was really hard to see what was going on. Half the time I couldn’t even see the screen! And it was cold!! Even though I seem to be complaining about it...it was fun! It was really interesting getting a glimpse of Australian professional sports. ...it’s very different than in the States. In the States there are food places built into the stadium...here they’re just little tents. In the States the crowds are yelling the WHOLE time...here they only cheer when something good/bad happens. In the States they have an announcer at the game...here they DON’T, that was quite upsetting for short little me. It was a good experience.

Back at home Marc and I made pizza for dinner. We then did a little bit of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment