April 20, 2010

Stacey's 21 Birthday!

April 19, Monday

This morning I got to Skype with Momma and Curtis! We talked about what all we’ll do while they’re here visiting! J

In my Journalism class today we had a mock media conference where the mayor of Glenorchy, a neighbouring town, came in and talked to us about the school reform. We have to write a 500 word article on it and then a 1000 analysis of our article. Ugh.

After class I went down to Chicken Feed and Coles to get stuff for Stacey’s birthday. I bought her a bunch of chocolate...the guy at the register probably thought I was a total fatty. Haha. I explained to him that it wasn’t all for me.

They told us that it was best to write our news article tonight so I started working on that when I got home. It was actually kind of hard. So far I have 300 words and I haven’t put in any quotes yet so hopefully that’ll help! J

I skyped with Marc tonight. Then Stacey, Joey and I sat around the kitchen table on our computers doing homework and playing words with friends (aka Scrabble) on our ipods. Haha, yes, we are nerds!!!


April 20, Tuesday

Happy 21st birthday Stacey!!!!

This morning I did NOT want to get out of bed!!! I finally forced myself to though.

I went up to the library to print off what I had written so far for Journalism so I could have my Tute teacher read it over.
While I was at the library I got a call from Dad telling me that it may work out that he could bring Lauren and Rachel when he and Denise come to Australia. He asked me what I thought about that and I said YES!!!!! He told me that he was going to wait and ask them on Friday and said I’d have to keep quiet until then. Knowing myself and how excited I was I told him to conference call them NOW and ask them if they could come!

I had Gender today which was good because Lucy lectured! YAY! J We talked about masculinity and how society defines it.
I had made my facebook status: “Sara Lake has her fingers crossed!
J because I was really hoping they could come!!! I checked it during class and Rachel had commented saying “I don’t like this, I LOVE this!! J” So I assumed Dad had called and talked to her so I asked and sure enough he had!!! She had already arranged her classes from the summer to make it possible for her to come visit me!!!! Then I checked with Lauren to make sure she was a go as well and she said she had to double check with Kyle but she didn’t know why she wouldn’t be able to go! AHHHHH!!! I’m SO EXCITED!!!! I just couldn’t focus in class anymore!!!

Dad called me between my break and was shocked to find out that I already knew the good news!!! Haha, come on, the internet world goes quickly!!
Then I had Journalism and we spent the day learning how to correctly use apostrophes. Yes, we learned about possessive words and contractions and all that good stuff. Go uni!!

After class I came home and conference called Lauren and Rachel on skype so we could talk about how excited we are!!
I was supposed to make cupcakes for Stacey’s birthday but the kitchen was disgustingly dirty from Stacey baking apple pie last night and from it not being cleaned for over a week. We had issues with the chores chart because of mid-semester break. The last time it was cleaned was last Monday. So, as you can imagine it’s disgusting. I really didn’t feel like cleaning the kitchen, when it isn’t even my week for that, in order to bake cupcakes. So I decided I’d pass on that.

Not long after Tarni got here! Yay! Then we all got ready and to celebrate!!!

We were supposed to all meet at Tacos at 5. For the longest time it was only Joey, Natalie, Marina, Tarni, Stacey and me. We got tired of waiting for everyone else to show so we finally just ordered food. Right as we were eating April, Amy, Carli and Marielle showed up. It was a lot of fun! I had a passion fruit and strawberry margarita that was so good! J

Once we were home Stacey opened her birthday gifts from her friends back home.

I then got to skype with Momma and then Marc. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day! J

2 comments:

  1. You play words with friends?!?!? Lauren and I play that everyday!!! Shelly plays it too. Do you want a new "friend". I'll play with you!! Did you get the kitchen thing worked out? You know I'll be there in 8 days.......hope it's clean by then. I'm sooooooo 'cited. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! My name is SarLake. I have SO many games going! :)
    I'm not sure about the kitchen. I'm in Launceston now. I texted Stacey last night but I never heard back from her. I'll let yall know as soon as I know!
    AHHH SO SOON! :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete