May 18, 2010

Sports, Sports, Sports!

Hello hello!

The weekend/beginning of the week after Mom and Curtis came I was busy busy with school. But now I'm done with all of my assignments! It's such a relief.

On Wednesday after my classes I went up to Launceston.
The trip was full of sports and exercise!

Wednesday night I went to watch Marc's basketball game...they won! Yay.
After the game Marc's friend Fraser came over and we had hot chocolate. The marshmallows here are so gross. You can taste the food coloring in them it seems like (they have pink and yellow ones).

Thursday Marc and I did some grocery shopping.
We hired out the movie Zombieland. It was pretty good! I wasn't too keen on seeing it but I actually liked it.
That evening we went up to Uni Gym and worked out for about 2 hours. Marc knew the girl who was working up there so I didn't have to pay to get into the gym. It is normally SO expensive here. If you don't have a membership (which is about $300+) then it costs $9.50 each time you want to go. How insane is that??

On Friday Tarni, Marc and I went and played volleyball up at the Uni Gym. Every Friday they have a group of people play volleyball. Tarni and I were kind of nervous because we had no idea what to expect. It turns out that we were the only girls there. Everyone else was a bunch of old guys or guys who didn't speak any English. It was fun though! Tarni didn't have too much fun though, shes still learning volleyball so she wasn't too comfortable playing with other people yet.

Saturday Malcolm, Marc and I played some footy. I was SO much better this time! I think it helped that I had my tennis shoes this time...it made kicking the ball much easier. It still really hurts to punch the ball though. After our "kick-about" we went home and watched a movie with all the house mates.
That night, Tarni and I took Marc to his basketball game. Then she and I went to a football party that one of Tarni's friends had invited her to. It was way out in "whoop whoop" (aka the boonies). Tarn's friend, Emma, was really sweet! We're going to hang out with her again next time I go up there. :)

On Sunday I got to skype with Lauren and all the family. Everyone was together to celebrate her GRADUATION!! Hip hip hooray! :)
Marc went up to the gym to do some basketball training. After Tarni and I ate breakfast we walked up to Uni and she went to the library and I went to meet Marc at the gym.
I didn't want to pay the $9.50 so I paid still ridiculous amount of$3.80 to just go to the basketball court. I was going to play volleyball but I forgot to bring my ball up there and it costs money to borrow one from the gym. Since I didn't want to spend more money I decided to play basketball with Marc. He was doing his training though so mainly I just helped him with his drills and rebounded for him.
Malcolm just bought a thing where he can watch television on his computer so everyone in the house is pretty excited about that. We all watched a couple of shows together that night. Before bed Tarni, Marc and I watched Full Metal Jacket.

Monday was pretty uneventful. We just watched some sports. Marc is SO excited that he'll be able to watch the NBA finals.
That arvo Marc and I skyped with his mom.
Then Tarni and Marc took me up to the bus station to head home. :(
Back in Hobart I went to catch the bus back into Sandy Bay but there wasn't one for another 25 minutes. I decided to go on ahead and walk to Sandy Bay. I stopped at Subway and ate a sandwich real quick. Then headed on towards my house. I decided to check at one of the bus stops to see when the next one would be there. Right as I stopped the bus that I would have waited 25 minutes for was pulling up. AWESOME!!!! And it was even the bus that stops on my street. You gotta love it when that happens!!

Today, Tuesday, wasn't too bad.
I went to my class...one of the last of the semester! We only have this week and then one more before finals start up. My finals schedule is good...I have then on the 5, 10 and 18 of June.
After class Natalie and I went into Hobart because I needed to buy a sweatshirt and sweatpants that fit me. I had the hardest time finding pants! But I did find a sweatshirt. :)
Tonight we had a free dinner at the TUU because we live in their housing. It wasn't the greatest food but it was free.
Now we're all back at home watching our television shows.

I hope everyone is doing well at home! It is getting so close to the end.
Stacey, my roommate, leaves on the 11th! Can you believe that? That's less than a month away. I have just over a month left here. So, I'll be seeing yall soon! :)
Thanks for following my adventures.
Love from Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment