February 13, 2010

reef day!

February 13

Last night was tons of fun. We went to this place called Woolshed and hung out there for awhile. I ran into an Aussie that I had met on the plane so it was nice chatting with him and telling him what I’ve thought of it so far. Then we went to listen to some live music at Blue Sky. It was tons of fun. We danced like it was 1999!

We woke up around 6 and had breakfast then headed out to the Great Barrier Reef. It was a two hour boat ride out there. It was really nice being out on the boat…it was a beautiful day! I snorkeled instead of scuba diving because that was free! We went to two different locations. The first location was pretty cool. Saw a lot of huge clams and some pretty fish. The second location was incredible!!! The water was so clear. There were awesome colors and crazy fish. There were tons of jelly fish but they were the kind that doesn’t sting so it was really cool swimming through them and touching them. I found a huge sea turtle and at first I swam down to just feel his shell. He was really cool and chill. He let me hold on to his shell and swim with him. That was quite possibly one of the coolest things I’ve ever done…swimming with a sea turtle in the Great Barrier Reef!!! There was a bird preservation island that we were able to swim up to. While on shore we saw a shark that was a little more than a foot long.

That night we went out to sing karaoke again…it was so fun. I wore my boots so we just had to sing “these boots are made for walking.”

February 14

I woke up this morning and pretty much everyone had already left. Some groups had to leave at 4AM. The Tassies are luckily the last group to leave and we are heading out at 10. I’m kicking myself for packing SO much stuff that I don’t need. Mom, I’m going to make you take my huge bag back home when you come to visit!

I’m not looking forward to the traveling but I’m very happy that I’ll be staying in one place for awhile. I’ll let yall know how it is when I get there. I’m not sure if I will already have internet or if I’ll have to set it up. I love yall!

2 comments:

  1. Sara,

    You sound like you are having so much fun and I am so jealous. You are correct - a warm rain is MUCH better than 6 inches of snow. Thanks for the vocab lesson and the wastefulness of Americans lesson. You are gettin so smart and you haven't even started your classes yet! I can't believe it has only been a weeks since you left Dallas. All your pictures are great and you look like you adapted to summer very quickly.

    Are you watching the olypmics any. We route for Australia's team along with USA! We saw Lauren yesterday at the Ft. Worth Gun show and saw Nana on Friday night for a few minutes. They are doing good. Lauren lost her power during the snow storm and Nana lost thier cable. - Tragedy!

    When does school start? Have you signed up for your classes yet? Did you already pay for your books or do you still have to do that? How much do they cost vs what they cost over here?


    Have fun and keep the postings coming. We love to read them. I am so proud of you!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! School starts on Monday...so in 6 days. I got my classes today and I am signed up for 5 but you generally only take 3 so I get to chose which ones I want to drop. I talked to Yasmin and she doesn't have an internship set up for me but I am going to talk to her in about an hour and half and see if we can figure something out. If I do get an internship then I will only take two classes.

    I'll post a blog again when I get internet at my house. I have it all written up on my computer and forgot to put it on a flash drive to bring up to campus today.

    ReplyDelete